Monday, March 31, 2014

Tuesday 4/1/14

"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." -Vince Lombardi

The 2014 Open is officially closed! Great work to all who competed.  The programming from "HQ" was brilliance (as usual) in my opinion.  They always do an unbelievable job w testing all areas of fitness....  For you guys that competed, be sure to take some time to reflect/celebrate what you did.  Whether it was a PR deadlift, 1st double under (pull up, toes to bar, muscle up) or the 1st time you've ever really pushed yourself "that far"......those moments are nothing to briskly move over.  Take some time to celebrate.  It's that "atmosphere" of the Open that makes those experiences unique.  I know for me, those workouts absolutely force me to go to my pain threshold and just hold on for dear life.....  and each time I felt like I really improved and realized something new about myself.....  And we all saw it numerous times in each other w 14.5....  I'd expect this week to be pretty low in attendance at the gym, as it should be.  Rest and Reflect.

Here's my celebration:



"Fitness"
A1.  Strict Press 5 Sets 5 Reps
A2.  Strict Pull Up 5 Sets 5 Reps @40x0
B.  30 Minutes for Distance
30s Row or Bike/30s Rest

"Sport"
A.  High Hang Clean & Jerk Single
-Perform 2 drop set Doubles
B.  Snatch Grip SLDL 3 Sets 8 Reps
C.  3 rounds for time
10 Ground to Overhead 135/95
30 Double Unders

No comments:

Post a Comment